The Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium was introduced by the Government in January 2013. The purpose of the Premium is to rapidly raise levels of achievement for students in Year 7 who did not achieve the expected standard in reading or maths at the end of Key Stage 2 (KS2).
The premium is allocated to schools annually and it is the Senior Leadership Team at St Patrick’s who decide how to allocate the funding we receive. All decisions taken are supported by evidence-based research to ensure that the funding is used to support the needs of the identified students by the most effective methods available.
At St Patrick’s we have one main objective which underpins the allocation of this funding and this is to provide additional educational support to improve progress, raise the standard of achievement in literacy and/or numeracy and improve the life chances for students who are eligible for funding. We monitor the progress of those students eligible for funding and this is analysed to ensure that it is having a positive impact.
- 2018.19 Catchup strategy.docx docx14.1 KbDec 16th, 2019
- 2019.20 Catch up allocation.docx docx13.6 KbDec 16th, 2019
- 2017.18 Year 7 catch-up funding statement.docx docx13.0 KbDec 16th, 2019
- 2019.20 Year 7 Catch Up Strategy.docx docx18.8 KbDec 16th, 2019
- 2018.19 Evaluation of Catch up Premium.docx docx13.2 KbDec 16th, 2019