As a Catholic school our core values are the Gospel values expressed as follows:
- Growth – We will encourage all to recognise and develop their full potential.
- Openness – We will be open and fair in our dealings with others.
- Special – We will recognise that each individual is created in the image of God.
- Prayer – We will give all the opportunity to understand their faith and God.
- Everyone – We will learn and teach with enthusiasm, excitement and energy.
- Learning – We will recognise the individual and provide support for all.
- Valued – We will provide a safe and secure Christian environment.
- Acceptance – We will be a celebratory community accepting and trusting in the will of God.
- Love – We will show courtesy and good manners in all that we do.
- Unique – We value the unconditional acceptance of each individual.
- Experiences – We will be open to our responsibilities and links in the wider community.
- Service – We value lives of service, sacrifice and community.
What do Catholic Schools do?
- Catholic schools share the vision of the Catholic Church
- Provide the best learning for each child to reach her/his potential
- Give the best context for young people to engage in worship and Christian action
- Have headteachers who witness as prophet and priest, anointed to the service of school community
- Have community members, i.e. staff, who lead worship and model Christian life and values
- Provide learning opportunities about faith: evangelisation and catechesis
- Are the place where children and young people engage daily with their faith: worship, witness of staff, opportunities to reflect, pray and put their beliefs into practice
Education develops the potential of each person. We share responsibility for the education of our children and young people: ‘it takes a village to raise a child’.